Animal Medical and Surgical Center performs veterinary spinal surgery for dogs and cats. Pet spinal surgery may be necessary as a result of trauma or a genetic condition. Spinal problems impact both dogs and cats, and spinal surgeries require specialized equipment and training to be performed successfully
We are committed to providing the highest standards in veterinary care, and we are accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Our veterinary team has experience and advanced training in veterinary spinal surgical techniques. Our facility hosts the latest in diagnostic and surgical equipment to ensure that your pet receives the best possible surgical care.
A sample of our spinal surgical procedures includes:
- Repair atlantoaxial instability
- Repair of spinal fractures and luxations
- Spinal decompression for prolapsed disc by hemilaminectomy or dorsal laminectomy in the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Spinal decompression for prolapsed disc by ventral slot technique in the cervical spine
- Stabilization of the cervical spine
- Repair fractures and luxations of the cervical and thoracolumbar spine
- Decompression and stabilization of the lumbosacral spine to correct cauda equina compression.
- Myelogram and cone beam CT for advanced imaging of spinal disorders