Animal Medical & Surgical Center provides pet spaying and neutering services for dogs and cats. There are many health benefits to your pet, and you can help to control the dog and cat overpopulation problem, and keep more animals out of shelters.
Spaying and neutering surgical procedures are performed under general anesthesia. We follow strict surgical protocols and continually monitor your pet’s vital signs throughout the procedure to help ensure their safety.
Neutering is a surgical procedure which involves the removal of your male dog or cat’s testicles. This one day procedure can be performed on puppies and kittens, and is typically well tolerated by your pet.
Neutering will not alter your pet’s personality, and has many benefits to your pet such as:
- Reduced risk of prostate cancer
- Eliminated risk of testicular cancer
- Minimized risk of contracting a sexually transmitted disease
- Minimizes undesirable behavior, such as roaming, fighting, humping, and spraying
Pet Spaying is a surgical procedure which involves removing the ovaries and uterus of your female dog or cat. To maximize the benefits to your pet, and to prevent unwanted pregnancy, we recommend spaying your pet before they enter their first heat cycle.
Spaying will not alter your pet’s personality, and provides many health benefits, including:
- Reduced risk of breast cancer
- Reduced risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases
- Prevent unwanted pregnancy
- Eliminating the mess associated with the heat cycle
Please contact us to schedule an appointment to have your pet spayed or neutered. We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the procedure or the benefits to your pet.